I have been nominated for the ‘One Lovely Blog’ Award by the equally lovely Rebecca! Rebecca herself has an excellent blog called ‘A Punk with MS‘ with plenty of brilliant resources for anyone also dealing with the diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. It’s a fantastic read!
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 other people
- Tell your nominees the good news
Seven Facts about Me:
- My favourite breed of dog has to be the dachshund! Our dog who passed away last year was part dachshund (with a little bit of Jack Russell thrown in for good measure!). I just love their short little legs and beyond expressive faces! Anyway, when I am sad or feeling alone, I like to watch cute and funny videos of them on YouTube to cheer myself up!
- I am a bit of a film buff – watching and talking about films it’s something I have always loved and am constantly picking up random and useless information about them. In fact, I am a master at film rounds at quizzes, even being able to answer questions about films I’ve never even seen! At the moment, I am particularly excited about the upcoming release of ‘Beauty and the Beast’ (but who isn’t it?) as it’s been a favourite Disney film of mine since early childhood. I’ve always related to the character of Belle as I’ve constantly felt like an outsider for most of my life, and for my love of reading.
- Most women love their shoes but I, in fact, hate shoe shopping! Always have! With my little feet, I continually struggle to find shoes that fit with a lot of styles either being too small or too big. Nightmare!
- My parents often call me ‘The Oracle’ and expect me to know everything!
- I just love the taste of peanut butter and in fact, all of the recipes that I have saved on Pinterest has some form of it in them! All naughty recipes but sounds too delicious to resist!
- My favourite form of ultimate self-care is a trip to a spa. It may not always help ease the persistent symptoms that affect my body, but still find the peace and tranquillity of a spa incredibly relaxing that it’s hard not to come away feeling better than when you first walked in. And it also allows me to spend quality time with my favourite person – my Mum!
- My favourite smell of the moment is my new Yankee Candle, ‘Cherry Blossom.’ When I need a little peace and ‘me’ time, I enjoy lighting this gorgeous scent while reading a book.
My nominees are:
Jen from Tripping Through Treacle; Yvonne from The Zebra Mom; Sarah from A Life Less Physical; Lisa from A Damsel in a Dress; Charlotte from FND and Me; Caitlyn from When Mental and Chronic Illness Collide; Kelly from The Invisible Warrior; Charis from Being Charis; Astrid from Lady with MS; Angela from Take with Sugar; Jen from Spoonfuls of Glitter; A Barefoot Goddess on a Journey; Sharon from Wheelie Me – Still Me!; Ava from My Meena Life and Emmie from Illness to Wellness: A Journey.